Salary: £40.4k - £50.6k per annum (Dependent on skills & qualifications)
Do you want to be a part of an innovative and supportive team, where there are great opportunities for career progression and development?
Our Procurement & Supply Chain (PSC) department is undergoing significant growth within their function and are seeking to recruit an experienced Category Manager, who will support, develop and implement bespoke strategies across both gas and corporate categories.
Following the initial spend profile analysis, covering £500m per annum of third party spend, you will have the autonomy to use your initiative to identify and deliver industry leading procurement strategies, which will support the delivery of our regulated and not regulated business ambitions.
As an experienced Category Manager, you will report to the Lead Category Manager and you will be responsible for managing and delivering the execution of various strategic services. The role will be focussed on demonstrating value leadership, customer service and innovation, to support our vision of becoming a world class procurement function.
Through strategy development and effective sourcing execution, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of departmental KPIs and objectives such as savings in total cost of ownership, value engineering and driving an improved safety performance across our supply chain.
What will you be doing day to day?
- Regularly liaising with the Lead Category Manager to provide updates on category performance
- Provide additional insight through reporting as and when category strategies are developed and implemented
- Monitor supplier performance through building supplier relationships, developing robust and agile contract arrangements
- Interface with stakeholders to determine future third party spend to develop accurate forecasting of contract renewals
- Deliver and mould new category management approaches, across specified portfolios of spend, ensuring compliance, drive efficiencies, mitigate supply risks and drive down the total cost of ownership to the organisation
- Lead or manage other procurement specialists to deliver sourcing activities in support of category plans
You don’t need to be an expert in our Industry… We provide our own specialised learning and development programmes, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment.
What you’ll need
With a minimum of five years category experience, you’ll be an enthusiastic procurement professional seeking a role with high profile, high value category team, working across a broad range of categories of goods, works and services, with the aim to achieve significant value for the business. This is an integral role in the PSC Team and the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree educated or equivalent in Procurement, Business, Finance or related discipline
- Experience in a procurement environment, specifically being able to demonstrate the delivery of successful category strategies
- Spend analytical skills to interpret spend profiles to identify alternative and value-added opportunities
- Highly numerate along with highly developed contract / scope drafting and writing skills, ideally with experience gained through interpreting and negotiating complex contracts
- Excellent IT skills are essential including knowledge of MS Office applications, eSourcing portals, and purchase to pay systems
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, under pressure whilst still delivering quality output and prioritise requirements where necessary. A keen eye to detail is a must as well as the ability to work methodically through a demanding workload
If you don’t have all the qualifications, we would still love to hear from you… we provide our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Job security and genuine learning and development opportunities
- Holiday and sickness package
- HolidayPlus - Buy up to 10 additional days holiday, available all year round
- Retail & leisure discounts
- Cycle2work scheme
- Company pension scheme – with company contributions between 6 -12% (depending on length of service and personal % contribution)
- Gym & mobile discounts
- Virtual GP - Our GP Helpline is a virtual GP service which offers unlimited access to GP at a time which suits you
What we do…
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
SGN is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is something we are passionate about working towards at SGN. We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.