About the role:
As the Capital Approvals Controller, you will be responsible for the overall approval process of investment for the largest capital projects in Thames Water. You will provide supervisory support to the team administrator, ensuring that the organisation and preparation of documents for the monthly Investment Committees run smoothly.
A key part of the role involves networking internally with key stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to get involved in small projects and activities which focus on improvements to the overall governance process, giving you the chance to make a difference.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Manage the smooth running of the monthly Investment Committee meetings and ensure that governance adheres.
- Quality control all documents circulated to the business, including but not limited to; Investment Committee submissions, meeting packs, reports, SAP data input.
- Manage the on-going maintenance of the investment paper excel template and provide guidance to new users.
- Keep all shared documents and templates up to date with any changes to the business.
- Create and maintain yearly calendars for future meetings.
- Process control date changes and budget transfer/release in SAP Project Systems.
- Produce excel reports, presentations and other ad-hoc documentation upon request.
- Minute taking at the meetings and pursuing outstanding actions.
- Ensure all controlled documentation is stored appropriately for auditing purposes and be the first point of contact for the half a year and year-end external audits.
- Act as supervisor to the administrator and be the first point of contact for any high-level queries and/or escalations.
What’s in it for you?
- Previous experience in a senior administrative role with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Proven ability to take the lead in owning processes.
- Highly organised with the ability to deliver an efficient service to the business,
- Comfortable engaging with senior managers, challenging decisions and contributing to discussions where necessary.
- PC literate with the ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe Writer and ideally SAP.
- Awareness of the environment that you work in along with resilience and ability to self-motivate is essential.
- Previous experience of working as a supervisor or people manager is advantageous but not essential.
This key role offers the unique opportunity to work across all business units and provides great exposure to managers at the Executive level, whilst observing the decision making that occurs when approving project spend. You will have a great responsibility in being the primary contact for queries on procedures, guidelines, maintenance and development of the investment paper excel template, and knowledge on the Terms of Reference/Schedule of Delegated Authority.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.