Business Area: Kier Utilities- South West Water
Contract: Permanent- Full Time
Kier MEICA South West Water is looking to recruit CAD Technician, reporting to the Design Manager. The successful post-holder will be responsible for working as part of the standards and design team to produce engineering drawings, schedules and other documents to enable the estimating, building or recording of construction projects.
- Interpret instructions from Design Engineers, Project Engineers and Delivery Managers regarding technical production of drawings
- Ensure the dimensional accuracy and compliance with available drawings and specifications of information issued
- Contribute towards risk register and procurement schedule requirements as required
- Ensure to complete drawings to schedule as required
- Complete and comply with all operational site Health and Safety requirements to ensure safe working practices
- Adhere to published CAD standards for Engineering in order to produce high quality deliverables.
What do we need from you?
- Experience in CAD and the production of construction related drawings, along with the use of Civil3D software
- Hold ONC / HNC in a Civil or Construction related discipline
- Have a good understanding of RC Detailing.
- Be aware and have experience in Autodesk products (including AutoCAD and REVIT).
- Hold a full UK driving licence
What will you receive?
You can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave + bank holidays (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday) together with two employee Share Scheme options (Sharesave and Share Incentive Plan).
It's worth remembering that if you are successful, we'll undertake the relevant / standard pre-employment checks after you have been offered a job. This includes taking up your references, verifying your right to work in the UK, verifying your driving licence (if applicable) and a health assessment. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted and Focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all of our applicants and employees. We appreciate applicants from all backgrounds and we specifically encourage those from underrepresented communities to apply. If you'd like to learn more about our commitments to diversity and inclusion at Kier, you can contact the team by emailing InclusiveRecruitment@kier.co.uk
If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process please let us know so we can discuss and arrange these.
Closing Date: 24th October 2021
Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.
Recruitment Agencies - opportunities at Kier are managed by our internal recruitment team. We are unable to accept unsolicited CVs and communications from external recruiters. If there is a specific business need a member of the recruitment team will engage with agencies who have signed up to our PSL to ensure all CV's are uploaded onto our portal to be considered. For further information, visit our Careers Help page