Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Buyer to work on our Thames Water Capital Delivery Framework covering the South London and Thames Valley region.
As a Buyer, you will be responsible for carrying out the procurement of material and plant items associated with waste and water projects for Thames Water Capital Delivery Frameworks in the region. You will ensure spend is in control, correctly allocated and governance is adhered to whilst maintaining an optimal level of administrative effort and oversee the negotiation of supplier products and services to gain ‘best value for money’ with adherence to the requirements of the client and the contract. The role will involve working closely with the client and Delivery Team delivering both clean and waste infrastructure projects.
As a Buyer your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Carrying out the day to day procurement administration for the projects across the framework
- Development of and adherence to Project Procurement Plans
- Assist the Estimating Team in the tender development process by providing them with market tested price estimates for material and plant items
- Close liaison with the Project Management and Commercial Teams
- Provide categorised spend reports to enable the project team to clearly understand trends and improvement opportunities
- Ensure material and plant procurement is carried out in accordance with the governance levels within the Schedule of Delegated Authorities (SODA)
- Ensure timely completion of approval process to adhere to the project programme
- Ensure demand forecasting is maintained accurately
- Ensure correct cost allocation to projects and codes for all plant and materials
- Ensuring appropriate stock levels at all times
- Close liaison and attending client procurement sessions
- Involvement in client framework events
- Maintaining client framework supplier lists and ensure approvals are up to date and used in accordance with the contract
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Relevant experience in the infrastructure or utilities industry
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrable negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to achieve contractual deadlines
- Commercial acumen and awareness
- Excellent IT skills including Excel
- Results driven individual with the capability of working on their own initiative
- High attention to detail
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.