Salary: From £ 29187 plus bonus plus benefits
Here at Cadent we’re at the start of a really exciting journey of transformation, growth and evolution. We’re new but we’re 200 years old. (You might have known us as part of National Grid but now we’ve transformed ourselves to Cadent). We’re the UK’s largest gas network connecting and keeping energy flowing to our customer’s 12 million homes and businesses across the UK. That’s half the UK, Not bad going really.
We’re proud of our story so far and we’re super powered up about what our future holds. That’s where you come in! Join us as we expand our Supply Chain team and play a key part in driving the future of our organisation.
About the Role
As our Buyer you`ll be responsible for procurement operations within the category you are aligned to. You`ll assist the Category Manager and Senior Buyers in delivery of Category Strategies, identifying future commercial opportunities and direction. This will involve engaging and building working relationships with stakeholders to identify business needs and ensure we understand the supply chains so we can offer best for task solutions.
Alongside you`ll be accountable for end to end management of their portfolio including sourcing and contract management.
Key accountabilities of the Buyer will include:
• Supporting the development and delivery of Category Strategy
• With support, profiling category through supplier research and market trends to assess future contract risks and opportunities
• Driving value by effectively delivering tender events for services, works and/or products, in order to meet the business need
• Supporting engagement of stakeholders both internally and externally
• Running sourcing events with minimal support
• Proactively managing contracts within their portfolio, ensuring contract issues are resolved effectively
• Responsible for ensuring adherence to relevant legislation, processes and frameworks within their portfolio
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with sourcing and contract management frameworks
• Building and maintaining effective supplier relationships
• Resolving contract performance issues raised by the business
• Scoping and developing contractual agreements to meet business needs
• Supporting supplier relationship management and contract relationship management activities
• Providing support for the implementation of procurement and contract management change initiatives
• Monitoring performance of suppliers through KPIs
You’ll possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Prior experience of sourcing and category management
• Experience of communicating with others from peer group to management
• Experience in contract management
• Experience in leading supplier meetings
• Experience of analysing and presenting data to inform sourcing/contract decisions
• An understanding of different forms of contracts/framework agreements
• An understanding of project management principles
• Experience in supporting process improvements to improve the customer experience
• Experience in leading negotiations with suppliers
• Ability to build and manage commercial assessment models
• Experience in evaluating supplier capabilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to build effective relationships both internally and/or with external organisations
• Demonstrates innovation, drive and enthusiasm
• Results orientated and thrives on challenging timelines
• willingness to help others to grow and succeed by actively sharing knowledge and experience
• Self motivated
• Degree standard or equivalent experience
• Relevant professional qualification or equivalent experience e.g. CIPS
- Corporate Services - sourcing and contract management experience
•Good understanding of EU and Utility Procurement Directives ideally supported by evidence of running a competitive compliant tender process
•An understanding of contract drafting principles
•Full UK driving licence
At Cadent we’ve got a whole host of standard and flexible benefits. You’ll get 25 days holiday + statutory days with the option to buy/sell also, a generous pension plan as well as the opportunity to earn bonus. Flexible benefits include: cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car, insurance and healthcare packages plus access to our Occupational Health services.
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, the more diverse our organisation is, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our communities in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know. We’re committed to be Disability Confident in line with the department of work and pensions scheme.
Be part of something big. Join us and help shape the future of gas for generations to come.