Business Support Assistant
Major Connections Manager
Bury St Edmunds or Borehamwood
Connections, Major Connections
£23,468 + benefits
23rd May 2022
All applications will be reviewed after the closing date
We also provide the following additional benefits
- Annual leave 25 days
- Personal Pension Plan – Personal contribution rates of 4% or 5% (UK Power Networks will make a corresponding contribution of 8% or 10%)
- Tenancy Loan Deposit scheme
- Tax efficient benefits: cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Occupational Health support
- Switched On – scheme providing discount on hundreds of retailers products.
- Supplier discounts, such as O2, EE, Vauxhall cars, Universal tyres
- Discounted access to sports and social clubs
- Employee Assistance Programme.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, this role of Business Support Assistant in Major Connections exists to monitor, update and maintain project data interfacing with other UK Power Networks staff as required, and to provide business support to the EPN Major Connections Manager and Project Managers, assisting them in the effective management and delivery of their customers’ projects.
- Producing customer invoices and refunds and recording in SAP
- Updating project records when customer payments are received
- Interrogating project costs in SAP and investigating and taking appropriate action in respect of misallocated costs
- Pursue, or assist other staff in pursuing outstanding payments
- Raising of purchase orders and purchase requisitions in SAP
- Receipting of materials and services and arranging payment of supplier invoices
- Maintaining register of customer enquiries and project progress
- Liaising with colleagues to obtain information for the updating of project records
- Receiving and recording external customer queries
- Assisting in resolving and responding to customer queries liaising with other UK Power Networks staff as required
- Monitoring and following up quotations
- Maintaining and updating project data liaising with other UK Power Networks staff when required
- Preparing project files as required
- Printing plans and requesting other Utility plans as required
- Monitoring the progress of projects including in respect of Regulatory requirements.
- Reporting on the progress of projects
- Producing reports from SAP and comparing with project data to ensure parity or investigate and rectify anomalies
- Assisting in preparation of project documentation
- Prompt telephone handling in a courteous manner
- Assisting in the resolution of customer enquiries within defined timescales
- General business support tasks as required
- Actively promote and pursue our safety principles to ‘Stay Safe’
- Actively participate in Individual Performance Reviews with your Line Manager
- Arrange and attend team days and monthly Team Briefings
- Actively participate in the team SHE Action Plan
- Arranging training courses or attendance at training courses as required
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- A confident and effective communicator with excellent customer orientation
- Providing excellent customer service in dealing with both internal and external customers through the updating of project data and resolution of customers’ queries and complaints
- Good level PC literacy with the ability to learn and use a variety of IT systems
- An awareness of the section’s business, environmental, safety, financial, and regulatory obligations
- Awareness of ISO 9001 principles and requirements in respect of quality processes
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a pressured environment as part of a highly focused team
- Good team worker with the drive and ability to work co-operatively with others to achieve shared goals and optimise the contribution of all members of the team
- Initiative with a bias for action and problem resolution
- Flexible attitude to work
- Ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and other teams within UK Power Networks and also with external partners
- Working knowledge of SAP desirable although training will be provided
Please Note: Internal candidates, who are still within a probationary period, must obtain the written approval of their manager, which must be submitted with their application.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Managers and supervisors carry both legal and company responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of their employees, those under their control and those who might be affected by the work undertaken, i.e. public, visitors and employees of other organisations. This includes briefing individuals working for them and ensuring there is the necessary understanding, competence and application of requirements to work safely and without harming the environment.
Employees will ensure they fully understand the health and safety risks involved in their work activities and their responsibility to apply the controls needed to manage those risks to acceptable levels. Similarly where work activities can have an adverse impact upon the environment, and particularly where there are legal requirements, employees will understand those impacts and the controls they must ensure are applied.
Employees need to be aware that for some craft and operational roles that work at height, or use fall arrest devices, there is an upper weight limit of 116Kg due to maximum safe working load of the safety equipment that is used.
If in doubt ask!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.