Business Planning Manager
Competitive Salary, plus a range of Company benefits
Here at Cadent we’re at the start of an exciting journey of transformation, growth and evolution. We’re new but we’re 200 years old. (You might have known us as part of National Grid but now we’ve transformed ourselves to Cadent). We’re the UK’s largest gas network connecting and keeping energy flowing to our customer’s 12 million homes and businesses across the UK.
We’re proud of our story so far and we’re super powered up about what our future holds. That’s where you come in! Join us as a Business Planning Manager and start a transformation journey adding real purpose and direction to your career and feel genuinely proud about what you do.
About the Role
The Business Planning team has accountability for the financial elements of the business planning activities including the co-ordination of the annual forecast, budget, regulatory forecast and longer term (5 year) operational and strategic business plans.
The Business Planning Manager will play a pivotal role in the strategic direction of the business, through co-ordination of the overall process and shaping the scope and content of the key themes which will underpin our financial plans. In addition, the role will be responsible for providing valuable insights through analytic/modelling capability to support the various short, medium and long-term business objectives/initiatives, thus enabling senior business stakeholders and shareholders to make well informed tactical and strategic decisions. The role will also contribute to the continued development in capability and capacity of the Business Planning function.
- As a key part of the team, the Business Planning Manager will need to develop strong relationships with senior stakeholders and work effectively across the organisation to co-ordinate, manage and support the compilation of robust forecasts, budgets and 5 year plans
- Ownership of the Annual Regulatory forecast submission
- Ownership of our new SAP BPC tool and functionality to drive process improvements and long-term business planning capability
- Work towards ensuring our data is successfully captured in our IT infrastructure and financial / workload data tables are completed and consolidated on a consistent basis with the new IT platform
- Liaise with key business stakeholders to ensure there is a common understanding and agreement in terms of the requirements/scope and inputs/outputs/interdependencies etc
- Define and agree detailed project plans with key stakeholders and pro-actively engage with them to monitor progress to ensure key milestones and deadlines are met and/or expectations managed accordingly
- Financial analysis – the focal point in the business for regulatory Totex financial forecasts and understanding the difference between statutory and regulatory views
- Highlight and quantify key risks, opportunities, sensitivities and key value drivers in respect of the business plan/forecast, based on variations in the inputs, scenarios, externalities and/or regulatory treatment
- Be able to work confidently in advanced excel including building models in accordance with best practice guidelines to ensure accuracy, auditability and transparency of the models for internal and external parties
- Proactively contribute to the development of a highly motivated, innovative and customer focused Finance team
- Take pride in work, accountability for delivery and be able to present well to senior executives both verbally and in presentations
You will possess the following skills, knowledge and qualifications:
- Fully qualified accountant (e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA, ICAS) with degree or equivalent
- SAP BPC or similar experience of using an integrated planning tool
- Desirable to have previous experience within Financial Planning and Analysis/Business Planning role
- Strong stakeholder management skills to facilitate the co-ordination and ownership of the process
- Experience of producing high quality, clear and concise outputs tailored to senior internal (Board level) and external audiences
- Strong analytical skills with a keen eye for detail and the ability to validate and rationalise outcomes based on variations in the inputs or modelling assumptions
- Effectively interpret and communicate complex financial data/issues to both finance and non-finance senior stakeholders
- Work flexibly, prioritise effectively and handle multiple tasks within strict deadlines
- Desirable to have experience of working in a regulated industry alongside demonstration of ability to work with a variety of business stakeholders
- Able to work in a collaborative environment, seeking out and drawing on expert knowledge where necessary, to achieve the best possible outcomes
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft suite of tools
- Commercial acumen
At Cadent we’ve got a whole host of standard and flexible benefits. You’ll get 25 days holiday + statutory days with the option to buy/sell also, a generous pension plan as well as the opportunity to earn bonus. Flexible benefits include: cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car, insurance and healthcare packages plus access to our Occupational Health services.
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, the more diverse our organisation is, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our communities in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know. We’re committed to be Disability Confident in line with the department of work and pensions scheme.
Be part of something big. Help shape the future of gas for generations to come.