Business Planning Analyst
Ashbrook Court, Coventry
Salary £36,550, plus a range of Company benefits
Here at Cadent we’re at the start of an exciting journey of transformation, growth and evolution. We’re new but we’re 200 years old. (You might have known us as part of National Grid but now we’ve transformed ourselves to Cadent). We’re the UK’s largest gas network connecting and keeping energy flowing to our customer’s 12 million homes and businesses across the UK.
We’re proud of our story so far and we’re super powered up about what our future holds. That’s where you come in! Join us as a Business Planning Analyst and start a transformation journey adding real purpose and direction to your career and feel genuinely proud about what you do.
About the Role
The Business Planning team has accountability for the financial elements of the business planning activities including the co-ordination of the annual forecast, budget, regulatory forecast and longer term (5 year) operational and strategic business plans.
The Business Planning Analyst will play a pivotal role in the strategic direction of the business, through supporting the co-ordination of the overall process and shaping the scope and content of the key themes which will underpin our financial plans. In addition, the role will be responsible for providing valuable insights through analytic/modelling capability to support the various short, medium and long-term business objectives/initiatives, thus enabling senior business stakeholders and shareholders to make well informed tactical and strategic decisions. The role will also contribute to the continued development in capability and capacity of the Business Planning function.
- Accurately analyse key regulatory and financial metrics to facilitate informed decision-making regarding complex issues
- Be responsible for the creation, development and management of complex and robust financial models and excel spreadsheets
- Be our SAP BPC super-user delivering training to our local finance / wider business teams, and become an expert in reporting from SAP BPC to complete variance and trend analysis
- Develop and maintain forecast, budget and business plan for internal and external parties
- Develop strong relationships with senior stakeholders and work effectively with them in supporting the financial modelling of forecasts, budgets and strategic/ad-hoc business cases
- Support the Business Planning manager with production of detailed project plans to ensure communication and project management of the key milestones and deadlines
- Support the team in production of high quality PowerPoint presentations summarising analysis completed
- Support the delivery of change across Finance and the business, embracing new ways of working and maximising the full potential of our new SAP BPC tools and functionality to drive process improvements and long-term business planning capability
- Be a team player, supporting the finance team more widely. Be motivated, innovative and customer focused
You will possess the following skills, knowledge and qualifications:
- Part or fully qualified accountant (e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Degree or equivalent
- Advanced technical skills and best practice experience, specifically in the modelling of complex business scenarios
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft suite of tools
- Strong analytical skills with a keen eye for detail and the ability to validate and rationalise outcomes based on variations in the inputs or modelling assumptions
- Effectively interpret and communicate complex financial data/issues to both senior finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Work flexibly, prioritise effectively and handle multiple tasks within strict deadlines
- Prior exposure within a Financial Planning and Analysis/Business Planning role/function preferable
- Experience of working in a regulated industry preferable, alongside demonstration of ability to work with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, seeking out and drawing on expert knowledge where necessary, to achieve the best possible outcomes
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to independently assess situation and recommend solution
- Experience of clear and confident communication skills with senior management, on complex technical matters, and good presentation and report writing skills
At Cadent we’ve got a whole host of standard and flexible benefits. You’ll get 25 days holiday + statutory days with the option to buy/sell also, a generous pension plan as well as the opportunity to earn bonus. Flexible benefits include: cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car, insurance and healthcare packages plus access to our Occupational Health services.
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, the more diverse our organisation is, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our communities in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know. We’re committed to be Disability Confident in line with the department of work and pensions scheme.
Be part of something big. Help shape the future of gas for generations to come.