As a Bid Manager you’ll manage a centralised approach to bidding of large highways lighting and electrical network connections project tenders for local authorities as well as housing and commercial developers. Working in our Lighting and Grid Connections team you will take the lead on developing our proposals from PQQ stage to contract award working closely with the local delivery team at all stages. You’ll also be responsible for establishing a hub of expertise covering lighting and electrical design and coordination of the large contract sales pipeline.
- Proactive stakeholder management to manage and influence senior internal and external relationships and negotiations in relation to Infrastructure Tenders.
- Support negotiation of satisfactory contractual terms and conditions to third parties for projects within the Infrastructure Services Business.
- Adopt a pricing strategy that maximises success while delivering sustainable margins.
- Working closely and in harmony with other members of the Energy Infrastructure Services Team to ensure a collaborative approach in supporting strategic projects and growth opportunities as needed.
- Keep abreast of, and apply as appropriate, any relevant changes in policy and procedures relating to the Bid and Design Teamwork area.
- Ensure that agreed customer tender timelines are met while obtaining appropriate internal approvals by working with other business managers to ensure delivery of profit and loss performance.
- Develop relationships with new/existing customers to grow the business and/or to obtain repeat business, as well as attend meetings with both internal and external customers, as required and at senior level
- To promote and contribute to an environment which strives for continuous improvement and the implementation of best practice.