Thames Water is currently looking to recruit a
BI Data Analyst to support stakeholders with KPIs, analysis, reporting and information related to a specific area of the business, either through regular operations or in a project environment. What you will be doing as the BI Data Analyst
You will collect, run, visualise and distribute reports to the business. The scope of the role encompasses all Customer Service, Financial Customer Care and Wholesale units and also encompasses wider TW requirements for service organisation reporting.
What you should bring to the role:
- Provide operational data analysis and interpretation.
- Provide information to help inform colleagues/managers on operational problems.
- Daily reporting and analysis.
- Supporting conversations to make decisions through data.
- Ensure our reporting runs smoothly so that stakeholders get reporting on time.
- Produces consolidated reports across the Business.
- Support to prepare insight from analysis of data to identify skills gaps or broken processes & procedures.
- Supporting other managers and departments with effective data capture for both regular and ad-hoc reporting.
What’s in it for you?
- Someone with Data, Analytical and Insight experience essential.
- The ability to deal with key stakeholders within the business.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Numerical, application experience, insight.
- Good technical skills with experience in SQL and Power BI with a desire to learn and develop.
- This role is Hybrid – Based in Swindon.
- 36 hours per week.
Who are we?
- Competitive Salary.
- Annual Leave - Grade B – 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service. (Plus bank holidays)
- Contributory pension – Defined Contribution - Maximum of 12% -2x employee contribution.
- Personal Medical Assessments – Open to all once a year.
- Wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your wellbeing.
At Thames Water, our purpose is crystal clear - to deliver life’s essential service so our customers, communities and planet can thrive.
Water is life’s great leveller. Every living thing needs it, every single day. From people to plants, birds to bees, farms to factories, we all need it to thrive, and we’re committed to taking care of it for us all.
But keeping water flowing is becoming harder. From scorching summers to wetter winters, extreme weather affects everything from our pipes to our local rivers. We need to keep millions more kettles boiling, public services operating, washing machines spinning, showers running and more, so every drop is more precious than ever. Are you ready to play your part?Working at Thames Water
At Thames Water, we recognise that people are at the heart of our business. To help us succeed in providing life's essential service, we need a range of skills and capabilities, representative of society throughout our business.
We seek to attract and retain a cultural mix of people who can offer different but complementary attitudes, values, talents, and knowledge. We understand the importance of appreciating and harnessing the unique skills, experiences, backgrounds, and differences that each individual brings.
Our over-arching diversity and inclusion aim is to ensure Thames Water is a diverse and inclusive great place to work. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process.
Find out more about working at Thames Water.
When a crisis happens, we all rally around to support our customers. As part of Team Thames, you’ll have the opportunity to sign up to support our customers on the frontline as an ambassador. Full training will be given for what is undoubtedly an incredibly rewarding experience. It’s also a great opportunity to learn more about our business, meet colleagues and earn some extra money along the way.Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment