Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Barrier Operative to work on our Severn Trent Contract in Gloucester.
As a Barrier Operative, you will be part of our Support Team who are responsible for the delivery and collection of safety equipment for the guarding of excavations and other delivery duties.
Morrison Utility Services are responsible for the backfill and reinstatement of excavations after the repair and maintenance activity on the Severn Trent Contract. We are committed to supply a 24-hour operation, 365 days a year on the water network in the Midlands area.
As a Barrier Operative your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Deliver of Chapter 8 equipment within a 2 hour SLA
- Collection of Chapter 8 within section 74 timescales
- Use of I.T equipment to record works completed
- Live Photographic evidence of works completed
- Maintaining and inspection of vehicle provided
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- NRSWA, signing, lighting & guarding
- National water hygiene card
- Full clean UK driving license
- First aid (desirable)
- EUSR Water Shea (desirable)
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools.
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground.
- You must also be able to work within a confined space, without restriction.
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.