- Job Reference: 00016402-1
- Date Posted: 17 November 2021
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Luton, Bedfordshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Main purpose and scope of job
To co-ordinate the safe and efficient movement of vehicles at the facility, and undertake weighbridge duties when required.
Duties and key responsibilities - Operational
• Co-ordinating vehicle movements at the facility in a safe and efficient manner, including visitng vehicles and onsite mobile plant
• Ensuring that the traffic management plan, site rules and all other associated risk assessments and safe working procedures are adhered to by staff and visitors
• Providing banksman duties for vehicles that require assistance in maneuvering
• Ensure the safe movement of pedestrians and that they only use designated routes and areas
• Providing weighbridge duties including the weighing of vehicles and completeion of paperwork including waste transfer notes, consignment notes and any other relevant documentation
• Ensuring that waste carriers license details are stored and up to date for all necessary facility users
• Completing inductions for visitors and drivers attending the facility, and ensuring all visitors have an in date induction prior to entering the facility
• Undertake daily checks of equipment including proximity warning (PWS) tags
• General cleansing and maintenance tasks
• Adhering to FCC health and safety procedures and contributing to the creation of risk assessments and other health and safety related documents.
• Identifying new or improved methods of working and communicating these to the MRF management team.
• Standing in for absent colleagues,
• Undertaking relevant training in order to meet the changing needs of the business.
• Any other duties deemed necessary to meet the needs of the business. At the facility.
Personal attributes and other requirements
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Be organized and methodical
• Flexible approach to duties, willing to learn and be trained, as the site multi-tasks wherever possible.
• Able to work as part of a team.
• Able to work on own as and when required.
• Able to use initiative and make suggestions for process improvements
• Recognise the importance of good house keeping and health and safety.
• Physically fit – the role involves manual handling, standing throughout the working day, sweeping, general laboring duties etc.
• Good time keeping
• Enthusiastic approach to duties.