Job Title: Backfill Operative
Business Unit: Utilities & Rail- South West Water
We are now recruiting for a Backfill Operative to join our Utilities team in Plymouth to ensure operations are running smoothly here at Kier.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for personal and site safety, including operating to standards of safety, compliance and competence required by own professional qualifications
- Carry out general reinstatement work as instructed by the Team Leader and/or FLM and operate and maintain at least two pieces of plant, drive vans, pickup trucks and/or lorries above 7.5 tonnes and relevant attachments
- Keeping wastage to a minimum and carry out any ad-hoc duties that may occur as instructed by the management team or team leader / ganger.
We are seeking candidates who:
- Hold a Full Driving Licence
- Beneficial to hold Water Network experience and have reinstatement experience
- You will also be knowledgeable of NRSWA and hold certificates in manual handling, abrasive wheels and first aid. You will have a flexible and adaptable manner with the ability to work collaboratively in a team as well as having the ability to use your own initiative..
- Pre-employment checks
Find out more about the great rewards and benefits we offer our employees.
Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.
Kier is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all our applicants and employees. We appreciate applicants from all backgrounds and we specifically encourage those from underrepresented communities to apply. Take a look here to learn more about our commitments to diversity and inclusion. If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please let us know so we can discuss and arrange these by emailing InclusiveRecruitment@kier.co.uk.