Are you an experienced Water Quality Scientist looking for a new challenge?
South West Water and Bournemouth Water provide reliable, efficient and high quality drinking water and waste water services throughout Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset. We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today’s residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers and be amongst the best in the water industry.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join South West Water as an Assistant Water Quality Scientist based in, Bournemouth.
The Assistant Water Quality Scientist will provide technical support to the Principal Scientist and Water Quality Scientists in all areas of water supply from source to tap, ensuring that the public health of the customer base is protected. You will assist in the optimisation of assets to meet water quality requirements; as well as the identification of operational and asset deficiencies to enable the promotion of appropriate solutions to the Asset Owner / Manager.
You will also be responsible for the resolution of customer enquiries relating to water quality, ensuring the needs and expectations of the customer, regulator and business are met.
Please note, the successful candidate will participate on the standby rota to provide operational support 24 hours a day
The Ideal Assistant Water Quality Scientist:
- Previous relevant scientific and operational water industry experience
- Educated to A Level standard, with minimum 5 GCSE in Mathematics, English and Science
- A degree in a scientific discipline would be an advantage
- Capable of clear and concise communication (both written and verbal)
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to act with tact and diplomacy
- Committed to team working and self-development to optimise performance
- Flexible approach to work and happy to work both indoors and outdoors in all weathers
- Full UK Driving license
Rewards & Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our Assistant Water Quality Scientist, we can offer a competitive salary of £23,000 - £27,500 per annum and a range of excellent benefits, working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you have the skills and experience to join our team as an Assistant Water Quality Scientist, click apply today.