Job Title: Assistant Project Manager
Location: Thames Valley, Cirencester/Swindon
Salary: Up to £35k + Car
The Clancy Group are delighted to bring to market an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager to play a pivotal role in achieving our vision of building a World where all infrastructure is sustainably built and maintained.
Working for our Thames Water Capital Projects team you will based in Cirencester or Swindon and supporting the Construction & Project Managers on a variety of CAPEX projects.
• Manage, monitor and resource on a variety of Capital Works programmes & projects to maximise output, profit and control costs, in accordance with pre-determined Health, Safety and Environment regulations
• Support overall project administration ensuring that projects are delivered in line with the terms and conditions of the contract
• Maintain quality workmanship of the jobs in progress and demonstrate an understanding of all aspects of the Clancy Group activities
• Responsibile to act as leader to ensure effective delivery of the contract requirements
• Assisting the site team in Management of operatives and sub-contractors to ensure that all tasks are undertaken by appropriately competent and trained personnel
• Responsible for ensuring that the sites adheres to the Clancy Management Systems, particularly that every site has a signed copy of the Construction Phase H&S Plan, Environmental Management Plan and Quality Plan
• Accountable for ensuring all activities have appropriate RAMS
• Responsible for weekly site reporting and programming
• Promote alliancing behaviour and maintain close working relationships with the client
• Ensure compliance with Health, Safety, Quality, Environmental and Fleet legislation and Company standards, processes and policy.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Civil engineering qualification
• CSCS card
• Demonstrable project management experinece wihtin a Tier 1 contractor
• Highly developed communication skills to tailor information for audience needs and influence actions within the business environment
• Highly developed analytical skills
• Developed investigation and research skills
• Advanced user of technology software and systems
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension, healthcare and holiday allowance starting at 24 days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.