Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit an Assistant Project Manager to assist the Programme Manager on our Thames Water Smart Metering contract in Dartford.
As the Assistant Project Manager, you will be part of our Management Team which oversees the delivery of multiple work streams under the Smart Metering umbrella. You will be the link between on-site activities, the Programme Management Team and our client.
As the Assistant Project Manager your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supply regular progress updates to Programme Manager on targets and field based activities/issues
- Drive outputs by working closely with the delivery leads ensuring resource is allocated accordingly to ensure targets are hit
- Deal with daily issues arising from the field and escalating if necessary
- Assist with forecasting monthly targets and reporting on daily/weekly success rates to Programme Management Team
- Manage the ‘work in progress’ (WIP) to ensure jobs are completed within allotted timeframes to ensure SLA’s are adhered to
- Provide strategic and operational expertise in all areas of their contract.
- Continuous improvement by developing & implementing process changes
- to drive efficiencies within the team
- Oversee special projects as required from the client
- Drive improvement by using monthly Cost Value reconciliation reporting
- Deal with escalation cases raised by management or the client
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Proven track record in managing Construction Teams and Front Line Managers whilst delivering efficiency savings
- Working knowledge of CDM 2015 and associated health and safety legislation with commercial acumen
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Advanced IT skills in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong Stakeholder and customer management skills
- Strong problem solving capabilities and an ability to work to tight timescales and prioritise work efficiently
- Effective communication skills
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.