Assistant Project Delivery Manager Location:
Manchester Business Area:
Utilities - Telecoms Contract:
Permanent, full time From Telecomms to Power, from Lands' End to John O'Groats.
It's taken a great deal for Kier Group to become one of the UK's Top 3 utility providers. It's taken people like you. Professionals who can help connect, heat and power over 15 million homes and businesses - in a team that works with emerging technologies to maintain 65km of gas pipes and install one million metres of fibre optic cable every year. About the Role
Assistant Project Delivery Manager is responsible for the delivery of sub-contractor services on the planned preventative maintenance work stream, along with coordination of the MEWP Program.
In this role you will also be dealing with Partner Companies and ensuring a good relationship is maintained and that they are following the requirements of Kier this will mean that you are required to ensure the correct volume of audits and meetings are planned monthly and that any short falls are addressed and resolved.
- Issue, control and update the annual vegetation treatment program.
- Issue, control and update the annual MEWP program
- Ensure compliance with Kier internal audit regime
- Ensure compliance with client specified audit requirements.
- Completing site specific risk assessments and method statements.
- Liaising with Highways Authority Local Authorities, specialist contractors and subcontractors
- Client liaison - joint audit
- Site audits continually promoting a high standard of health and safety/technical Compliance
- Ensure compliance to all quality and safety standards via in-progress and retro checking regime
- Ensuring operatives have correct accreditations
What we need from you
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Good people management skills
- Basic understanding of the contract terms and conditions applicable to their work.
- Ability to liaise effectively with Client Management teams and planning representatives.
- Ability to liaise effectively with Highways representatives.
- Driving licence
- Good computer skills in Excel
- Ability to plan and chair meetings
- Good planning skills
What can you expect from us?
- Experience in all workstreams on the Kier/Ericsson Contract.
- COSHH/RIDDOR/Health &Safety at Work - Knowledge of regulations and requirements
- Experience of managing Sub-Contractor companies
- ADCBuild Knowledge
- MEWPs for Managers
- ECM / CPA
You can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a company car or allowance, a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Free Life Assurance
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus, many more benefits geared to your wellbeing
It's worth remembering that if you are successful, we'll undertake the relevant / standard pre-employment checks after you have been offered a job. This includes taking up your references, verifying your right to work in the UK, verifying your driving licence (if applicable) and a health assessment. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted and Focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. Kier is an inclusive employer. Closing Date:
30/04/2021 Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.