Location: Anglian Region North (Peterborough - PE6 7LP)
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 08:00 – 16:30
Salary: £9.13 per hour
As an Assistant Leakage Technician, you will play a critical role for the environment and our customers in preventing water leakage across Anglian Water’s network.
You will be provided with excellent training, industry leading technology and several mentors who will support you to become proficient in the preparation, deployment and collection of sensors which monitor for potential leaks across the water network in the North.
Without you our water supply would suffer and there would be a huge impact for our customers!
This is a great opportunity for those that are new to the industry and keen to build a career.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- You’ll be enthusiastic, hardworking and ambitious and hopefully have a desire to drive your career forward. Happy to work occasional overtime (Evenings & Weekends)
- You’ll have a fully equipped van and travel to areas within the water network where potential leaks have been identified in order to deploy network sensors, so a full driving licence is essential
- Some lifting is involved, so you must be fit & able
- The role is outdoors, so you must be happy to work in all weather conditions (suitable PPE provided)
- You should be confident to read a water network map that details the locations of infrastructure and assets (initial training will be provided)
- Great customer service skills are essential, although not the main part of the role. You could be approached by our customers at any time and are expected to deliver a first-class service (initial training will be provided to help guide you with this)
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension, healthcare and holiday allowance starting at XX days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.