About The Role
IWJS have over 40 years’ experience of delivering sewer services, waste management and industrial cleaning to essential infrastructure services across the UK – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
IWJS is looking to recruit an Assistant Jetter Operator. Our fully trained operators are there to provide a clean and efficient domestic service to customers, operating specially designed jetting tankers from our national network of depots. You will be based in our Bishops Stortford depot.
As an Assistant Jetter Operator your duties & responsibilities will be
- Make effective use of safety equipment, particularly personal protective equipment, and not to tamper with or effective a repair to any equipment provide for safety or requiring defined competencies.
- To comply with all legislative requirements, company policy and procedures at all times.
- Undertake work as per instructions of the depot manager and as per training, documented safety systems and quality, environmental, safety and health standards
- Check all equipment before use, reporting any defects.
- Communicating to depot manager of any identified non-conformities, incidents (injury / damage / Close Call / Hazard Observation) or Work Safe Refusal to Work on Safety grounds.
- Leading example of good quality, safety, health and environmental performance: Positive behaviour – we walk over to talk, challenge positively, break bad habits, report close calls.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Good working knowledge of highways and drainage systems
- Prior experience of working in a similar environment but not essential.
- Operations of High Pressure Water Jetting and Drain Cleaning
- Awareness of NRSWA Chapter 8
- Flexibility to work out of core working hours
- Full driving license
- Confined Space Entry (Medium risk)
- NRSWA Chapter 8 SLG
- Manual Handling Awareness
- CSCS Card
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools.
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground.
- You must also be able to work within a confined space, without restriction.
What’s in it for you?
- 20 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Training is provided
- Pension scheme
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.