Do you have proven experience of providing support to an operational maintenance team?
South West Water provide reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and waste water services throughout Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset. We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today’s residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers and be amongst the best in the water industry.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the South West's leading employers as an Asset Performance Technician based from our Exewater Depot.
What will you be doing?
Joining our team, the Asset Performance Technician will be responsible for installing, deploying and maintaining leakage reporting assets (meters, data loggers, telemetry) that enable the Company to control, monitor and report accurate leakage levels.
You will be a field-based resource to deliver long-term compliance with consistency reporting for Leakage and Water Balance company performance commitments and carry our reservoir safety monitoring and surveillance tasks in accordance with the prescription determined for the dams assigned to you.
The Asset Performance Technician will be responsible for the maintenance of leakage assets (DMA boundary valves, meters, data loggers, interfaces, etc) to ensure the accurate reporting of DMA leakage levels. Additionally, you will deputise for the Water Supply Metering Team Leader as appropriate to ensure the effective management of team workload continues when leave is taken.
What do you need?
- NVQ Leakage Detection Level 2 / City and Guilds or ONC in relevant subject
- National Water Hygiene Certificate
- Relevant experience in Water Supply activity preferred
- Proven ability to work within a team environment but also on your own
- Proven ability to communicate and liaise effectively with internal and external customers
- Understanding of principles of Health and Safety procedures.
- Adaptable and able to take on new skills which is essential in a continuous improvement environment
- Strong skills in problem solving and fault finding
- Understanding of principals of COSHH, CABWI Units 1, 2 & 10 procedures and Basic First Aid would be beneficial
- Ability to show resilience in a fast-changing operational environment
- Full UK Driving Licence
What can South West Water do for you?
In return for your hard work as our Asset Performance Technician, we can offer a competitive salary of £24,000 - £30,000 per annum (dependent upon skills & experience). We also offer a range of excellent benefits, working within a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you have the maintenance skills to excel as our Asset Performance Technician, click apply.