We have an opportunity for an Area Manager with experience within the water industry, to join our growing team in Dartford to support services for our client, Thames Water.
You will be organising, supporting and managing teams to ensure effective execution of work, in a cost efficient and productive manner, that achieves contractual requirements and objectives and targets in customer satisfaction, quality, health & safety, performance and commercial margins.
- Develop, improve and embed working practices to maximise day to day organisation, production and management of CDM on site, planning and control of labour, plant and resources to ensure efficiency.
- Lead and inspire your teams in H&S, quality and working practices to improve health and safety, quality, productivity and efficient delivery.
- Comply with the responsibilities laid down in corporate policies to ensure a safe working environment for your teams, subcontractors and members of the public.
- Ensure the approval and review of contractor method statements, prepare and review risk assessments and the issue of necessary Health and Safety documentation.
- Undertake regular safety audits / audits of work activity, identifying safety hazards and ensure controls are implemented.
- Ensure that all team members and sub-contractors have appropriate training to be compliant and competent.
- Promote near miss / hazard spots reporting and ensure issues raised are resolved and lessons learned.
- Minimise the risk of fatigue and other well- being issues.
- Carry out post safety incident review investigations.
- Lead on managing vehicles and drivers in compliance with the Clancy driving standards policy and highway code.
- To ensure all jobs are managed and completed within budget and timescales / programme.
- Proactive management of future works and programme to minimise disruption and failure due to preventable mistakes.
- Provide operational & technical advice and guidance to prevent / proactively manage and resolve any event / incident.
- Share best practice with colleagues to promote knowledge transfer.
- Minimise customer contacts by encouraging a right first time culture and driving team to deliver service excellence and deal with escalated customer queries /complaints
If you have the relevant experience and skills, we would love to hear from you - just click on the apply button below.
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension, healthcare and holiday allowance starting at 24 days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.