Join our expanding team today Job Title
: Area Manager Location:
Bristol Business Area:
Kier Utilities- Western Power Distribution Contract
: Permanent- Full Time
We are Kier, one of the UK's leading construction and infrastructure services, and as part of our Utilities team, we hold a framework with Western Power Distribution to ensure its customers have power in their homes, businesses, schools and hospitals.
We are looking for an Area Manager (where internally you will be known as the Agent) to join the team in Bristol, where you will play the vital role of delivery of schemes across the area, by managing teams consisting of both direct labour and supply chain, where you will also work closely with the Client. Key Responsibilities:
What do we need from you?
- Hold constant contact and liaison with operational teams to ensure we manage the work instructed to us in a professional, efficient, and commercially aware manner
- Coordinate and manage contractors/ direct labour to ensure all Health & Safety processes are adhered to and work is delivered to the correct specification and quality, as well as undertaking weekly safety site audits, delivering toolbox talks and daily briefings
- Manage the pre-planned programmed works and daily response to faults, whilst ensuring invoices are submitted correctly.
- Accident/ incident investigation as well as ensuring the shared computer platforms are constantly updated and managed accurately
- Experience within a similar role within the utility industry and particularly within the electricity network would be beneficial
- Hold a NRSWA qualification, Traffic Management Act & a Full UK Driving Licence
- This is a varied role where you'll need excellent communication skills, be used to work in a fast pace environment, highly organised and be able to prioritise workloads.
- To be commercially aware, and have an understanding preparing estimates and budgeting.
Find out more here about the great we offer our employees.
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Option of a company car or car allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Access to our discount shopping site with offers available from over 800 retailers including restaurants, travel providers and supermarkets!
- A matched pension scheme from 4% - 7.5% depending on your contribution
Kier is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all our applicants and employees. We appreciate applicants from all backgrounds and we specifically encourage those from underrepresented communities to apply. Take a look to learn more about our commitments to diversity and inclusion. If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please let us know so we can discuss and arrange these by emailing . Closing Date: 7th June 2022 Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early. Recruitment agencies - we are unable to accept unsolicited CVs and communications from external recruiters. The recruitment team will engage with agencies who have signed up to our PSL should we require assistance. For further information, visit our