Job ID: 13989
Role Type: Permanent
Job Family: Operations
Location: Fazakerley Wastewater Treatment Works
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
Be part of the flow of life
At United Utilities we're proud to be essential every day, and our people are essential too. We're looking for the next generation of talent to join our exciting business.
A bit more about the role
No two days are ever the same as a Water Network Apprentice.
During your four year apprenticeship, you'll learn to operate and look after all of the kit we use to produce, treat and deliver water to homes and businesses across the North West.
For the first two years of your apprenticeship, you'll spend your time learning the ropes as a water network delivery apprentice. After this time, you'll be assigned to a specific water network role, enabling you to become an expert in your field.
Successful apprentices will achieve a Water Process Technician Standard which is endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeships.
During your apprenticeship you'll learn:
- How to resolve customer queries
- How to respond to water quality complaint
- How to support the business during incidents and events
- How to look after all of our pipes, mains and pumping stations
What we're looking for:
- Someone who's keen to gain hands on experience, develop practical skills and achieve the qualifications needed to really succeed in your role.
- You'll have a dedicated mentor and manager who'll be on hand to support you every step of the way. All that we ask from you is that you're willing to learn, know how to work as part of a team and can manage your time and workload to get things done.
- You'll also need to have 5 GCSEs or equivalent, grades A-C, or grades 9-4, which must include Maths, English Language and a science or technology subject.
What makes us different?
- Secure your future – every apprentice is guaranteed a permanent position at the end of their scheme*
- Recognised apprenticeship standard which is endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeship
- It's a springboard to your career – we provide you with structured training, a dedicated mentor and quality placements to help you shape your career
During your first year, you'll spend one working week out of every month at our technical training centre in Bolton. If you're from outside of the area, accommodation will be provided for this period, excluding weekends.
Once you've completed your apprenticeship, you'll be asked to join part of a formal standby rota, which may require you to do some out of hours work. Don't worry, your training will prepare you for this but we do advise that you apply for a vacancy that's relatively easy for you to get to, as we would need you to travel to the site easily.
*As long as you meet all necessary standards and behaviour criteria throughout the programme.
The assessment centre for this role will take place in October 2020