Job Advert Detail
Job ID: 14001
Role Type: Permanent
Job Family: Central Services & Support
Location: Lingley Mere, Warrington
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
Be part of the flow of life
At United Utilities we're proud to be essential every day, and our people are essential too. We're looking for the next generation of talent to join our exciting business.
A bit more about the role
Our Commercial function provides a professional service to stakeholders and suppliers in compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures.
As a trainee buyer, you'll learn key procurement skills enabling us to deliver value for money through effective commercial agreements. You will engage with operational staff and suppliers to support the ongoing delivery of contracts and frameworks, as well as ensuring contractual compliance and measuring contract performance throughout the contract period.
You will also produce and maintain quality category data and dashboards.
If you've got great communication skills, a keen attention to detail and are technically minded, this apprenticeship could be right up your street.
Successful apprentices will achieve a Commercial Procurement and Supply (formerly Public sector commercial professional) Apprenticeship standard Level 4.
During your apprenticeship you'll learn:
- How to work as part of a dedicated team focused on ensuring we deliver value for money through our Commercial agreements.
- How to work with a wide range of equipment and systems, as well as follow the company's rigorous health and safety standards.
What we're looking for:
- Someone who's keen to gain hands on experience, develop practical skills and achieve the qualifications needed to really succeed in your role.
- You'll have a dedicated mentor and manager who'll be on hand to support you every step of the way. All that we ask from you is that you're willing to learn, know how to work as part of a team and can manage your time and workload to get things done.
- You'll also need to have 5 GCSEs or equivalent, grades A-C or grades 9-4, which must include Math's, English Language and a science or technology subject, and hold relevant level 3 qualifications at Grade C or above (or equivalent).
What makes us different?
- Secure your future – every apprentice is guaranteed a permanent position at the end of their scheme*
- Recognised apprenticeship standard which is endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeships
- It's a springboard to your career – we provide you with structured training, a dedicated mentor and quality placements to help you shape your career
*As long as you meet all necessary standards and behaviour criteria throughout the programme
The assessment centre for this role will take place in October 2020.