Apprentice (Trainee Buyer) (15986)
Job ID: 15986
Location: Warrington, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
As a Trainee Buyer, you'll learn procurement skills which will enable you to help the company deliver value for money through effective commercial agreements.
Help keep taps flowing and toilets flushing across the North West
At United Utilities we're proud to be essential every day, and our people are essential too.
Come and join us on our apprenticeship scheme and you'll be given the training and development to take that first step onto the career ladder, supported by the United Utilities
What makes us different?
- Secure your future – every apprentice is guaranteed a permanent position at the end of their scheme*
- It's a springboard to your career – we provide you with structured training, a dedicated mentor and quality placements to help you shape your career
- Inspire the next generation – you'll have the opportunity to represent United Utilities at key events across the region to engage with young people to bring careers in the water industry to life
A bit more about the role
Our Commercial function provides a professional service to stakeholders and suppliers in compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures.
As a trainee buyer, you'll learn key procurement skills enabling us to deliver value for money through effective commercial agreements. You will engage with operational staff and suppliers to support the ongoing delivery of contracts and frameworks, as well as ensuring contractual compliance and measuring contract performance throughout the contract period.
You will also produce and maintain quality category data and dashboards.
If you've got great communication skills, a keen attention to detail and are technically minded, this apprenticeship could be right up your street.
Successful apprentices will achieve a Commercial Procurement and Supply (formerly Public sector commercial professional) Apprenticeship standard Level 4, which is endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeships.
During your apprenticeship you'll learn:
- How to work as part of a dedicated team focussed on ensuring we deliver value for money through our Commercial agreements.
- How to work with a wide range of equipment and systems, as well as follow the company's rigorous health and safety standards.
What we're looking for:
We're looking for someone who's keen to gain hands on experience, develop practical skills and achieve the qualifications needed to really succeed in your role.
You'll have a dedicated mentor and manager who'll be on hand to support you every step of the way. All that we ask from you is that you're willing to learn, know how to work as part of a team and can manage your time and workload to get things done.
You'll also need to have 5 GCSEs or equivalent, grades A-C or grades 9-4, which must include Math's, English Language and a science or technology subject, and hold relevant
level 3 qualifications at Grade C or above (or equivalent).
What you'll get from us
- Rewarding essentials – there's lot of perks to the job, including a starting salary of £12,500 which will increase each year based on performance
- Be the best you can be – you'll get involved in all sorts of training and fun activities with your fellow apprentices
- An environment to be proud of – we're a responsible employer committed to developing our young talent in state of the art facilities
- Be part of the family – you'll have the chance to network, bond and learn from your colleagues and fellow apprentices
*As long as you meet all necessary standards and behaviour criteria throughout the programme
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 07/03/21