Job ID: 14005
Role Type: Permanent
Job Family: Central Services & Support
Location: Lingley Mere, Warrington
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
Be part of the flow of life
At United Utilities we're proud to be essential every day, and our people are essential too.
Come and join us on our apprenticeship scheme and you'll be given the training and development to take that first step onto the career ladder, supported by the United Utilities family.
A bit more about the role
The work you do will help deliver a great service to the business. You'll be looking at numbers and data to help predict some key trends and help our leaders make some key decisions.
The role will involve you:
- Identifying any patterns in our data when it comes to areas such as absence, training and overtime
- Making sure all the reports you provide are to a high standard
- Using the numbers and data we have at our fingertips to help improve or change our ways of working
- Learning the ropes and getting to grips with our analytical tools which will give you the skills to produce reports when needed
- Support HR systems activities and wider HR initiatives.
In this role you'll also be answering customer queries both on the telephone and online and we're looking for an apprentice who is professional, friendly and approachable.
Successful apprentices will achieve Data Analyst Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeships.
During your apprenticeship you'll learn:
- How to resolve customer queries in relation to HR analytics
- How to utilise specialist technology to look at data and identify trends
- How we provide an end to end service for our customers
What we're looking for:
We're looking for someone with a mathematical mind who's keen to gain hands on experience, develop practical skills and achieve the qualifications needed to really succeed in your role.
You'll have a dedicated mentor and manager who'll be on hand to support you every step of the way. All that we ask from you is that you're willing to learn, know how to work as part of a team and can manage your time and workload to get things done.
You'll also need to have 5 GCSEs or equivalent, grades A-C, or grades 9-4, which must include Maths, English Language and a science or technology subject.
If you have a strong interest and understanding of data analytics, are great at organising and planning, a whizz with Microsoft applications, have great communication skills and are able to deal with challenging and sensitive work, this is the role for you!
What makes us different?
- Secure your future – every apprentice is guaranteed a permanent position at the end of their scheme
- Recognised apprenticeship standard which is endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeship
- It's a springboard to your career – we provide you with structured training, a dedicated mentor and quality placements to help you shape your career
- This role will be based at Lingley Mere in Warrington.
*As long as you meet all necessary standards and behaviour criteria throughout the programme
The assessment centre for this role will take place in October 2020