Job Advert Detail
Job ID: 13991
Role Type: Permanent
Job Family: Central Services & Support
Location: Lingley Mere, Warrington
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
Be part of the flow of life
At United Utilities we're proud to be essential every day, and our people are essential too.
Come and join us on our apprenticeship scheme and you'll be given the training and development to take that first step onto the career ladder, supported by the United Utilities family.
A bit more about the role
As a data analyst, you'll learn how collect, organise, analyse and help to improve United Utilities data. Therefore, you will provide business insight so we can deliver our business services.
During your three year programme, you'll work in our busy Data & Knowledge Management department. You'll work on lots of different projects, providing technical data solutions to a range of issues by making recommendations. You'll be dealing with a number of internal stakeholders so you'll need to have some good personal skills too.
Successful apprentices will achieve a Data Analyst Standard which is endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeships.
During your apprenticeship you'll learn:
- How to work as part of a dedicated team
- Identify, collect and migrate data to/from a range of internal and external system
- Manipulate and link different data sets as require
- Interpret and apply data and information security standards, policies and procedures to data management activities
- Collect and compile data from different sources
What we're looking for:
- We're looking for someone who's keen to gain hands on experience, develop practical skills and achieve the standards needed to really succeed in your role.
- You'll have a dedicated mentor and manager who'll be on hand to support you every step of the way. All that we ask from you is that you're willing to learn, know how to work as part of a team and can manage your time and workload to get things done.
- You'll also need to have 5 GCSEs or equivalent, grades A-C or grades 9-4 which must include Math's, English Language and a science or technology subject.
What makes us different?
- Secure your future – every apprentice is guaranteed a permanent position at the end of their scheme*
- Recognised apprenticeship standard which is endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeships
- It's a springboard to your career – we provide you with structured training, a dedicated mentor and quality placements to help you shape your career
The assessment centre for this role will take place in October 2020.