Apprentice (Construction Supervisor) (16016)
Job ID: 16016
Location: Warrington, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
As an Apprentice (Construction Supervisor) you'll work closely with our Construction Supervisors to learn how they test and inspect works to ensure they are compliant. This ranges from quality assurance, specifically Health & Safety, Environmental, Customer and Stakeholders and the quality of the newly built asset.
Help keep taps flowing and toilets flushing across the North West
At United Utilities we're proud to be essential every day, and our people are essential too.
Come and join us on our apprenticeship scheme and you'll be given the training and development to take that first step onto the career ladder, supported by the United Utilities family.
What makes us different?
- Secure your future – every apprentice is guaranteed a permanent position at the end of their scheme*
- It's a springboard to your career – we provide you with structured training, a dedicated mentor and quality placements to help you shape your career
- Inspire the next generation – you'll have the opportunity to represent United Utilities at key events across the region to engage with young people to bring careers in the water industry to life
A bit more about the role
During this four year apprenticeship as an Apprentice (Construction Supervisor), you'll learn Construction Project Management techniques for the management of programme, cost and quality. You will use the various risk management and stakeholder techniques to understand progress and the tools required to support this.
Successful apprentices will achieve a Construction site management (degree) Apprenticeship which is endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeships and approved by the industry's recognised professional bodies and meets the educational requirements for the professional bodies' full membership or chartered status.
During your apprenticeship you'll learn:
- Construction techniques employed in building new assets, and why some are favoured over others.
- About different types of contract, where they are employed and how to administer them commercially.
- People skills, for managing conflict, negotiation and health and safety behaviours.
- About the water and wastewater network and process, and the requirement to build new assets.
- About health, safety, welfare and environmental management, the law, the requirements and how to review if these are being met.
- How to review things against a standards or guidelines to ensure that the quality required is met. This will include understanding how to review detailed drawings and site information.
- How important customer and stakeholder management are to successful construction management.
What we're looking for:
We're looking for someone who's keen to gain hands on experience, develop practical skills and achieve the standards needed to really succeed in your role.
You'll have a dedicated mentor and manager who'll be on hand to support you every step of the way. All that we ask from you is that you're willing to learn, know how to work as part of a team and can manage your time and workload to get things done.
Typically, you'll need to hold relevant level 3 qualifications including construction, providing the appropriate number of UCAS points for entry to a level 6 Higher Education programme (3 A-levels Grade C or above).
You'll also need to have 5 GCSEs or equivalent, grades A-C or grades 9-4, which must include Math's, English Language and a science or technology subject.
What you'll get from us
- Rewarding essentials – there's lot of perks to the job, including a starting salary of £13,500 which will increase each year based on performance
- Be the best you can be – you'll get involved in all sorts of training and fun activities with your fellow apprentices
- An environment to be proud of – we're a responsible employer committed to developing our young talent in state of the art facilities
- Be part of the family – you'll have the chance to network, bond and learn from your colleagues and fellow apprentices
You'll need to drive or be learning to drive, as this is a field based role which requires mobility.
*As long as you meet all necessary standards and behaviour criteria throughout the programme
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 07/03/21