- Job Reference: 9750
- Date Posted: 19 March 2020
- Employer: IBERDROLA S. A.
- Location: Glasgow (G2 5AD), United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Information Technology (IT)
- Job Type: Permanent
- Duration: Undefined
- Work Hours: Full Time
ScottishPower is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world's largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. ScottishPower is the first integrated energy company in the UK to generate 100% green electricity. Our focus is on wind energy, smart grids and driving the change to a cleaner, electric future and we're investing over £7m every working day to make this happen. We're committed to speeding up the transition to cleaner electric transport, improving air quality and over time, driving down bills.
Our Retail business provides energy to 5 million households and businesses across the UK and we've been voted best large energy supplier of the year for 2018. At ScottishPower we want to do the right thing for our customers. We believe in fair pricing and offer a choice of tariffs to suit customer needs. We offer products that help our customers control and protect the energy in their homes and the flexibility to help customers manage their energy accounts today, tomorrow and in the future
At ScottishPower Retail, we know people are central to building a better future, quicker and we are seeking new talent to join our team.
The position of Android Developer sits within the Digital function of our Retail business, reporting to the Digital Development Manager. As an Android Developer within the Digital Team, you will be working in a small product squad alongside iOS developers, Backend developers, QA testers, Product Owners, Business Analysts and UX designers.
With app downloads in excess of 1 million, you have the potential to make a huge impact on our customer's digital experience. Our YourEnergy app is 100% Kotlin, built using MVVM architecture. We use Android libraries such as Room, NavGraph, LiveData and Dagger. RxJava is heavily used throughout the app.
We are looking for Mid-Senior level Android developers with a passion for writing great code with customer's needs at the forefront of their mind. You'll recognise the need to write tested, clean and maintainable code alongside moving in a fast and agile environment.
In the role of Web Developer, you will be working in a small product squad alongside iOS developers, Backend developers, QA testers, Product Owners, Business Analysts and UX designers. Your objectives will vary based on the squad, however we currently have a squad working on enhancing the ScottishPower UK app and other squads working on new products.
Skills and Requirements
We are seeking a collaborative and enthusiastic Android Developer who is willing to push boundaries to deliver innovative solutions utilising the latest technologies, whilst being open, sharing and not afraid to challenge the norm. Essential skills for the role are experience in:
* Knowledge of Android Studio
* Kotlin or Java knowledge
* Comfortable connecting to RESTful APIs (Retrofit)
* Familiarity with versioning tools (E.g. Git or SVN)
* Experience of writing unit tests
* Comfortable working on a codebase with other developers
* Familiar with Google Play/app release process
* Knowledge of Agile/Scrum processes
* Familiarity of RXJava/Reactive programming
* Experience with debugging tools
* Experience/familiarity of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, with test driven development and writing of UI tests would be an advantage
* Familiarity with test driven development
* Experience of writing UI tests
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate as a minimum:
* Have experience in building quality digital services
* Good knowledge of Agile and Scrum delivery processes
* Awareness and interest in CICD: e.g. Jenkins, pipeline, automated testing
* Good interpersonal skills and desire to support team mates
* Desire to learn and improve
What we offer
This is a Permanent contract and salary for this role aligns with market expectations. Other benefits for this role include a performance related bonus up to 10%.
As part of our commitment to a supportive and inclusive place to work, we recognise that our employees have different personal circumstances and want a suitable work-life balance. We are working hard to support flexible and alternative ways of working where possible including: Flexible Working, Shared Parental Leave, Career Breaks, Wellbeing / Employee Assistance Programme. You will also have access to our flexible benefits programme where you can decide what is important for you. You will be offered on-going training and support to encourage you to develop and progress your career.
‘Happy to talk flexible working'
Our Selection Process
* Telephone Interview
* Technical Test
* Behavioural Based InterviewBehaviours:
* Empower to Grow
* Collaborate & Share
* Focus to Achieve Results
* Be Agile
* Location: SP HQ, St Vincent Street, Glasgow
* Closing date: 2 April 2020