About the role:
The Inventory Operations and Supply Management team are the custodians of mobile equipment and critical stock held at our distribution centres and business resilience hubs. Operating on a 24/7 - 365 basis in order to provide a distribution and equipment service to support the Thames Water business.
As part of the Inventory Operations and Supply Management team you will be required to provide safe custody and real-time visibility of our stock holdings. You will ensure a first-class professional delivery and collection service across all Thames Water & Alliance locations of critical stock and equipment in order to support the operational teams when facing customer/operational incidences.
All duties are to be completed in accordance with transport legislation and working time directive.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Use SAP Warehouse Management System (SAP WM) and RFID to ensure that inventory levels in the distribution centres reflect real-time holdings to ensure that system matches physical holdings.
- Be available to participate in an out of hours callout rota (18.00 – 06.00 M-F & Weekends) on a 1 in 5 rotas. Additional payment given
- Comply with stock management principles and governance by following SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Maintain correct stock levels in Swindon DC & our always ready hubs
- Operate MHE safely within the warehouse and surrounding areas
- Apply cover for operatives in distribution hubs (training given)
- Ensure Health & Safety requirements are met within Company and legal frameworks.
- Maintain the fleet of mobile assets (plant) and ancillaries to ensure that these are ready to go to meet operational orders and event support (training provided)
- Comply with all relevant legislation and agreed procedures to ensure a safe and legal working environment and consistent quality standards
- Maintain and promote a positive image of Thames Water
- Ensure that all delivery and returns procedures are followed in line with Company and Customer guidelines
- In addition to these duties, you may be required to undertake other duties in line with the needs of the business.
What’s in it for you:
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Fork lift truck license (counter balance/reach)
- Warehouse and inventory management experience
- Basic numeracy and conversational English language
- Working knowledge of SAP Warehouse Management and RFID technology (preferable)
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.