Salary: £19.4k - £23.0k (dependent on skills & qualifications)
We are currently looking for a full time permanent Administration Assistant in the Stornoway area who will play a vital role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of SIU activities, providing support in a professional manner and taking responsibility for effectively completing tasks in accordance with set timescales.
Key responsibilities will include;
- As an Admin Assistant you will be a good team worker, capable of working to tight deadlines and responding to changing priorities at short notice.
- You will be prepared to take the initiative to minimise or prevent anticipated problems and must be committed to providing excellent levels of customer service at all times.
This new role will offer plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities, as well as a competitive salary with company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and embracing differences is something we pride ourselves on at SGN. You will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve professional development and success.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- An ability to communicate effectively and politely, both verbally and in writing with employees, managers, and customers within and outside the Company.
- A neat and accurate worker, you will be computer literate, ideally being competent in Microsoft software packages such as Word, Excel and TEAMS.
- You will also be a competent operator of other key office equipment.
- Knowledge and experience of general administration processes within a depot environment would be an advantage.
- Ideally you will have experience of current systems and work processes within an Operations environment.
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…