About The Role
IWJS is a part of M Group Services and works with major water utilities, infrastructure, industry and government agencies providing waste management solutions, specialising in water jetting services across the UK.
IWJS employs over 500 staff across various depots across the UK and is expected to rapidly expand over the next few years. We are looking to appoint an experienced Ledger Clerk based at our head office in Woolpit between Bury St Edmunds and Stowmarket.
This position reports directly to the Finance Manager and Group Finance Director. The position involves ensuring that transactions for one of our depots near Heathrow are maintained on a daily basis. The role will also involve assisting with other duties within the finance department as and when required.
As the Accounts Assistant your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Raising sales invoices
- Posting purchase ledger invoices
- Raising purchase orders
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Assisting with daily bank reconciliations
- Ensuring intercompany transactions are reconciled between IWJS companies
- Reconciling petty cash
- Assisting with other ad hoc duties to assist other members of the finance team
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to hit the ground running
- Sage 200 experience preferred but not essential
- Competency using Microsoft Excel
- Team player with a hands on approach
- Effective communication skills
What's in it for you?
- 22 days’ holiday plus statutory bank holidays rising to 23 days after 3 years’ service
- Pension scheme
- Free car parking
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.