7.5T Driver / Loader
- Job Reference: 00016809-1
- Date Posted: 16 May 2022
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
7.5T Driver / Loader
South Hams, Devon
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfills by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We are currently looking for a 7.5T Driver / Loader to join our team in the South Hams on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Competitive salary
- 20 days’ holiday per annum + Bank Holidays
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities
If you are a proven 7.5T driver, this is a great chance to work closer to home and help us positively impact the environment working as a big part of our refuse collection contract in the South Hams.
As part of our motivated team, you’ll support recycling initiatives and ensure we can fulfil our obligations. What’s more, you’ll discover a wide range of benefits, plenty of support and some great rewards.
As a 7.5T Driver / Loader, you will be tasked with completing a range of recycling and municipal collections rounds across the South Hams.
Driving one of our refuse or recycling collection vehicles on a specific round, you will collect refuse and recycling from customers and deliver it to centres/branches as necessary.
Your role will involve:
- Operating a vehicle in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensuring you drive within the law and environmental requirements
- Making sure your vehicle is mechanically safe
- Maintaining focus on the health and safety aspects of your role
To be considered as a 7.5T Driver / Loader, you will need:
- A 7.5T driving licence
- A driver qualification card
- A driver digi card
Manual handling or waste industry experience would be beneficial to your application. Knowledge of the West Devon area would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Refuse Driving Operative, 7.5T Refuse Collection Driver, Recycling Refuse LGV Driver, Refuse Driver, Refuse Collector, LGV Refuse & Recycling Driver, Class 2 Refuse Driver, Cat C (Refuse) Driver, or Refuse Driver LGV.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a 7.5T Driver / Loader, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.